Thursday, December 29, 2011

UFC 141: Shaun's Predictions





Nam Phan vs. Jim Hettes

Phan is known for his hard hitting and stand up. Hettes hasn’t yet shown that he can stand with any of his opponents.  The good news is that all nine of his fights have resulted in a submission victory, so he has proven  to be a serious threat on the ground. Two very different skill sets in this fight. If Phan can keep it standing its his fight to lose.
Prediction: Phan by Round 2 TKO

Vladimir Matyushenko vs. Alexander Gustafsson
Matyushenko brings the experience and Gustafsson brings the speed and stand-up to finish this fight. I see both guys going for it early and swinging for the fences. I’m really looking forward to this fight.
Prediction: Gustafsson by Round 2 TKO 

Jon Fitch vs. Johny Hendricks
Fitch is going for the take-down, its not a matter of if but when. If this becomes a grappling battle then Fitch has the upper hand.  But if Hendricks can keep from being taken down he has a chance.  I just envision a three round grueling decision.
Prediction: Fitch by Unanimous Decision

Nate Diaz vs. Donald Cerrone

Cerrone and Diaz are both submission artists, yet I don’t see this going to the ground. I expect a slug-fest and potentially a fight of the night because I don’t see them finishing each other.
Prediction: Cerrone by Unanimous Decision

Brock Lesnar vs. Alistair Overeem
When you say Brock Lesnar I see unstoppable double leg take downs. When you say Alistair Overeem I see a vicious striker. If Overeem can stuff the takedown, stay off his back and keep it in the first round, it’s his fight to lose. But I see Lesnar’s explosiveness, wrestling and conditioning being too much of a factor.
Prediction: Lesnar by Round 2 TKO






No comments:

Post a Comment