Monday, December 26, 2011

Warrior Write-Up



I saw "Warrior"...I thought it was solid and here my thoughts:


1). I like how they put in things for the hardcore fans (Chuck's mohawk, the TapOut guys, Fedor's character, Rampage's power bomb of Arona simulation, the omoplata, kneebars, submission games, etc.)

2). They should have elaborated more on the brothers' bad childhood. Maybe had some scenes showing how bad it was. I felt like, ok, I get you hate your dad but why? 

3). It was cool to see Marquardt and AJ in there. Made the fight scenes seem more real.

4). I didn't like how every fight ended in a sub or KO...should have been some decisions. 

5). I also didn't like how the one brother threw like 50 unanswered punches before the ref stopped it....unnecessary in my opinion and made the sport look unnecessarily violent and dangerous.

6). War Josh Rosenthal!

7). I thought the head trainer did an amazing job. Very believable and seemed like a real trainer.

by Tim Sturdevant

No comments:

Post a Comment